Asana vs Jira: Project management is a process that is complicated as there are a lot of facets involved. It involves gathering a team of experts and professionals in the field of choice and then using their skills to try, and achieve a certain goal.
Within the process comes the simple yet extremely complicated question. Which software should be used in the management of the project? Should you use Asana? Or should you decide to go to Jira? If you are confused about this decision or ever have been confused, then this debate of Asana Vs Jira is going to fascinate you. These two software’s are in a league of their own. They have managed to be prominent and create a space for themselves.
Asana Vs Jira
These two software’s are somewhat the favourites of project managers. Why you may ask? Simply because their user interface is friendly, and they share a lot of common features that make them easy to work with.
The differences between the two are extremely subtle and difficult to pinpoint. That is why here in this debate between Asana Vs Jira, you will witness the breakdown of which one of these is the better software.
This software was introduced for a single purpose. To create software that would make team-based work and management easier and simpler.
Jira was introduced in the world of project management as a tool that would help figure out and pinpoint issues within the system. It evolved into being quite a success within the management world.
With the basic reasons for their production out of the way, let’s see which features are heightened in one software and downplayed in the other.
Let’s begin with the first difference, features. Here we will talk about how these software let you use the project, how the tasks are handled and how you can view it.
- The best thing about Asana is that you can make a project through the tasks at hand. Within the tasks, you can make sub-tasks that will allow you to witness any faults that are occurring within the programme as it is being made.
- The viewing of your work can be done in an organised way through lists or graphs. Either way, you can witness your work easily.
- Asana also allows you a feature where you can import any information from any other format or system. This way, Asana allows you to make the required changes easily and with full access to all programmes.
- There is a 100 MB storage space that is offered by Asana to its customers where they can store unlimited files and projects. The only downfall is that there is not enough space for large videos.
- Lastly, Asana allows you to put your progress online and for your other colleagues to see. This way, someone can pick up on where you left off and the burden of finishing the software doesn’t befall on one person.
- Jira is more based on pinpointing the issues within the software. Through Jira, you can create tasks and sub-tasks but majorly, Jira works on fixing and pointing out the issues within the task.
- It has the storage space of a whopping 250 MB but doesn’t allow the unlimited storing or sharing of files and information. There is a limit to how much can be shared easily and without any problem.
- One feature that is specific to Jira is the simple feature of time tracking. This feature allows you to keep an eye on the progress your team is making and if they are right on track.
- Another factor is that Jira offers a wide variety and selection of different features that are extremely beneficial for the production of the software.
Within this comparison, it is no doubt that the one that comes out strong is Asana. This is simply because Asana has features that easily work and give the results that you will be looking for.
Also Read: 10 Legit Ways to Get Paid to Post Ads
This is where things become interesting. While both of the systems are not very strong in terms of the financial point of view, it is necessary to see which one has a somewhat better payment option and flexibility.
- Asana majorly works under a free package. This way, around 15 people can freely use Asana to start a software development project. If you wish to add more people, you will need to go adopt a pricier style.
- There are different levels within the Asana project such as the Premium Tier to Enterprise level.
- The higher up the levels you go, the pricier the tools get and the more features you will be offered.
- Jira on the other hand works on a completely different scale. If you are working with a basic group of 250 people, and it is free, you can start adding more people simply by paying $1 per person.
- Though this is a great feature, it is necessary to pint out that this does cover security features. If you wish to do that you will need to integrate another software within Jira such as Atlassian.
- If you wish to host the programme yourself then the pricing becomes different. If you have 9 users you pay $9 and if you have 25 it would increase to about $2,500 which may seem a lot but is less than Asana as this is a one-off payment.
With all this being said, Jira wins the round. Why you ask? Simply because though Jira is pricier, it offers a lot more features and a lot more options. The self-hosting option is something that adds value to the decision-making party on what they need to do to make their software. The control is in their hands.
If your software is easy to use and easy to understand, your team will work faster and produce results quicker. One of the reasons why Asana and Jira are considered one of the best is because they are easy to use and easy to work with.
- Asana is a dream to work with. The interface is easy to use and understand. Along with the multitude of features that it offers, Asana is one of the best options.
- The layout of the software is clear and clean. It is easy to understand and comprehend.
- With different template options and cute animations that help peep through different tools to keep you company and see if the work is done, is one of the reasons why Asana is so famously easy to work with.
- Software development can be extremely boring and tiring. With these little features, it helps boost the morale of the team players and keeps them entertained and happy.
- Although the support is there and if you need any help there are tools that will help you straight away. The fact is that you may not need them at all and the interface is pretty straightforward and simple.
- When you start working with Jira, the best thing about it is that it offers you a mini-tour. Within this tour, you are told about all the different features and all the things that you must know to make this a smooth sailing process for you.
- Through all these features, the one downfall is in Jira’s response time. The response time is a bit slow which can be disastrous for project development.
Here, Asana has a clear win. The reason for that is simply because the interface and the responsiveness of Asana are far better than that of Jira’s. There is room for improvement for both but Asana is working far better than Jira and that is a fact.
The debate between Asana vs Jira is pretty interesting. The reason for that is simply because they are quite similar. They are similar in the way they are made, in their features, in their process, and in their use.
What is important to see and acknowledge is the fact that both Asana and Jira are exceptional software’s. They are both used to create management projects because they’re easy to use and flexible. They offer features that help experts manipulate the projects halfway through making it. This feature is what makes both of them exceptional software’s.
That being said, one has to be the winner. With the differences laid out in front and facts displayed openly, it would not be wrong to claim that Asana is far better software than Jira. Simply based on the ease of use and the features presented. So, if you are a project manager or are looking to create a team that is going to create a project, using Asana would be a great idea. You could easily see what you were doing wrong by accessing Jira through Asana as it has a feature that allows you to import knowledge and information from other software’s’ too. This software will make it easy for you to work with it and the results you would receive at the end will be perfect.